This blueberry and banana smoothie is incredibly simple to make with only 4 ingredients. And it is a great gut healthy smoothie recipe too!
I use fresh homemade probiotic rich yogurt as a way to get in an extra healthy boost.
What you’ll love about this recipe:
- KID FRIENDLY – A super simple way to get beneficial probiotics is through a smoothie. Not only for myself, but for my children too!
- HEALTHY – With a boost of nutrition and gut-friendly ingredients like probiotic rich yogurt.
- INEXPENSIVE – With only a handful of ingredients, you’ll can whip up this delicious smoothie recipe for yourself or your family!
We regularly make our own probiotic rich foods and love a variety of uses for the whole family.
One such recipe is my homemade Ninja Foodi yogurt.
And each probiotic food has a host of different gut healthy bacterias that we try to include in our traditional foods diet.
This blueberry and banana smoothie uses only 4 simple ingredients. And it is a cinch to make, taking only about 5 minutes or less!
Here’s what you will need:
- frozen blueberries
- frozen bananas
- whole plain yogurt – rich in probiotics for max benefits!
- whole milk
I prefer my smoothies naturally sweetened from the fruit. But if you like yours sweeter, you can add raw honey or real maple syrup to your preferred taste!
They are perfectly sweet and we even love to snack on them frozen! So good!
How to make this smoothie recipe
This is super simple to make and should be served right away.
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve & enjoy!
If you’re using an additional sweetener, you can add that in with the other ingredients before blending.
Smoothies are best when they are served immediately after making them. If you need to store yours for later, be sure to freeze it instead of storing in the fridge.
Freeze into ice cube trays or popsicle molds for a delicious treat!
want more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can discover more homemade recipes from my homestead!
Blueberry and Banana Smoothie
- Add everything together in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve & enjoy immediately.