This creamy chicken enchilada dip makes an excellent appetizer or party food. It is perfectly layered with creamy cheese, chicken, and green chilies. The flavor combination is SO good, you’ll want to make it over and over again!
This ultra creamy, mild and easy to make recipe is the perfect go-to appetizer for your next party.
What you’ll love about this recipe:
- KID FRIENDLY – It is the perfect balance of flavors, that the whole family will love.
- VERSATILE – This recipe is a great option as an appetizer or meal. Serve it with tortilla chips at a party or drizzle it on nachos with extra fixings. Or try this dip recipe filled inside of tortillas and baked with extra cheese on top as easy chicken enchiladas!
- MEAL PREP – This dish keeps well in the refrigerator, which means it’s perfect for making ahead of time and is perfect for serving a crowd!
We love this recipe because it is super simple to put together. And it is full of delicious flavors — using real food ingredients! There’s nothing fake or processed in this scrumptious dip!
This recipe makes a cheesy, creamy dip that people crave.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- block cream cheese
- chicken breasts (about 2 small breasts), cooked and shredded
- shredded Monterey cheese – use the block and shred the cheese yourself vs buying it pre-shredded, which usually has added ingredients.
- green enchilada sauce
- black beans
- green chiles
- taco seasoning
- ground cumin
- freshly chopped cilantro
- finely chopped green onion
tortilla chips, for serving
This recipe is such a fun twist on the traditional enchilada. Learn how to make creamy chicken enchilada dip with these super simple steps.
Preheat oven to 350F, grease a 7×11 (2 quart) casserole dish.
In a large bowl beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, this makes it easier to spread and mix later.
Stir in the shredded chicken, half of the shredded cheese, enchilada sauce, black beans, green chiles, jalapeño, taco seasoning, ground cumin to blend together .
Pour the mixture evenly into a baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. You can broil for a few minutes after to give your cheese a nice golden color.
Garnish with cilantro, chopped green onions, and serve with tortilla chips.
Note: If you are using cold chicken allow it to slightly some to room temperature first, or you may want to cook it a little longer to ensure everything is equally warmed throughout.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
How to store and reheat leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container inside of the refrigerator for about 4-5 days. To heat up, add the leftover dip to a casserole dish and heat in the oven at 350 degrees, F until warmed through.
FAQ (frequently asked questions)
No, you could use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken instead. Keep in mind if it is already seasoned, it will change the flavor of the dip.
If you don’t have chicken breasts you could use chicken thighs or a whole chicken, just be sure to use the same amount of chicken to not change the recipe.
want more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can discover more homemade recipes from my homestead!
Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Casserole Dish 7×11
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a 7×11 (2 quart) casserole dish.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, this makes it easier to spread and mix later.
- Add in shredded chicken, 1 cup cheese, enchilada sauce, black beans, green chiles, jalapeno, taco seasoning, ground cumin, and mix well.
- Pour evenly into pan and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. You can broil for a few minutes after to give your cheese a nice golden color.
- Garnish with cilantro, chopped green onions, and serve with tortilla chips.