Chewy, buttery, with just a hint of sweetness, these Honey Butter Cookies are sure to be a hit with family and friends.
These scrumptious cookies are perfectly soft and incredibly delicious. But best of all, they are free of processed sugar.
This post has become a reader favorite! So I have given it a refresh from the original publish of June 16, 2017 with updated info and new photos.
Simple & Easy Honey Butter Cookies
I really like creating a recipe that not only is a hit with my entire family, but is also free of processed sugar. Because long story short, I just don’t like the stuff. The more that I have studied the effects of food on our overall health, the more I wanted to improve our eating habits.
But, I also don’t want to deprive my family of treats. My solution is using good ole natural honey. And the more that I am learning how to incorporate it into recipes, the easier it is becoming.
If you like to have little helpers, this recipe is perfect for that! It’s so easy to make, that the little ones will enjoy making them too.
Discover how to make these easy cookies at home. Find out what ingredients you need and read the easy-to-follow instructions below.
Ingredients needed for this recipe
This recipe only requires 5 super simple ingredients!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- softened butter
- natural honey
- large egg
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
How to Make the Honey Butter Cookies
If you don’t have it, just simply grease your baking sheets.
Add softened butter and honey to a medium bowl and cream together with an electric mixer on medium speed. Or a stand mixer works well too.
In separate large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder until combined.
Mix the egg in with the creamed honey and butter.
Slowly combine flour mixture to the honey butter mixture. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients a little at a time and stir well.
Drop by spoonful to the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until the outer edge of the cookie is a nice golden brown.
Move to a cooling rack to cool down completely before serving.
Allow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack before moving to storage or enjoying!
More favorite dessert recipes
I know that you’ll love these delicious dessert recipes too!
Honey Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. To prevent the cookies from sticking and creating a huge baked on mess, I recommend using parchment paper to line the cookie sheet. If you don’t have it, just simply grease your cookie sheet before baking.
- Add softened butter and honey to a bowl and cream together with a mixer. Mix in the egg until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder together.
- Slowly add the combined flour and baking powder to the butter mixture, a little at a time and mix well.
- Drop the cookie dough by spoonful on to cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the outer edge of the cookie is a nice golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool completely & enjoy!
want more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can discover more homemade recipes from my homestead!
I’m telling you, this cookie recipe will become an instant hit. My family has requested it over and again.
They are light, soft, and fluffy!