This recipe for Einkorn banana bread with honey is a delicious sweet treat. It is easy to make, and sugar is replaced with natural honey.
I’ve updated our family favorite recipe to make it a bit healthier. Not saying that it is perfectly, healthy. But hey, these swaps should have you feeling a little less guilty when enjoying it!
And it is still incredibly moist & sweet!
Banana Bread with Honey
Why honey? First off, we don’t typically carry processed sugars in our home. But we do have farm fresh honey from a local bee keeper!
The raw honey is such a better and much more of a healthy alternative to processed sugars.
I also skipped the vegetable oil and replaced it with coconut oil.
This recipe is somewhat versatile and can be made with a few flour options. I’ve tried it with organic all-purpose flour, einkorn flour, and bread flour. And they have all turned out perfectly without any other changes to the recipe.
I have not tried it with any other flours though, so I can’t speak to how those would turn out.
Be sure to try my Olive Oil & Honey Banana Muffins for another easy sweet treat!
What ingredients are needed
This recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. Here’s what you will need:
- whole milk
- coconut oil
- raw honey
- ripe bananas
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
- fresh eggs
- einkorn all-purpose flour
This healthy banana bread recipe uses 1 1/2 cups of mashed bananas. Depending on the banana size, this should be about 3 (maybe 4) ripe bananas.
Pro tip: mash the bananas using a stand mixer or by hand before adding the other ingredients to the banana mixture.
Raw Honey Sweetened Einkorn Banana Bread
- 2 cups einkorn flour all-purpose
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups banana extra ripe
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, mash the bananas. Then beat together the coconut oil, honey, eggs, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and milk with the mashed banana mixture.
- Mix in the einkorn flour and nuts, if using.
- Bake in two greased bread pans at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, oven times can vary.
- Use a toothpick to check center of the bread, the banana bread is finished when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with a slice of butter!
Leave a Comment