This super delicious caramelized onion quiche is packed with great flavor – with the sweetness of the caramelized onions and sharpness of the cheddar cheese, it makes a great and flavorful meal.
It is also crustless which makes this dish a snap to make for any meal!
It’s a perfect meal that is great for brunch, a holiday breakfast, or even when making breakfast for dinner!
Crustless Caramelized Onion Quiche
This crustless quiche recipe is a perfect way to make this traditional egg dish without the extra carbs from the pie crust.
We love this meatless version which makes a great way for our family to get extra protein on days when we are skipping meat.
But…if you want want to elevate it a bit, just add bacon! Add in fresh cooked (and cooled) bacon crumbles while mixing the egg, cream, and cheese mixture!
If you’re a lover of caramelized onions like we are, check out these other yummy recipes:
This caramelized onion quiche really elevates breakfast time. But it is also a great option for any meal time! Serve with your favorite breakfast side or fresh fruit & veggies for a super healthy option.
Looking for more new breakfast ideas? Check out these easy egg dishes:
Crustless Quiche with Caramelized Onions
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large sweet onion
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1 block of cheddar cheese 8 oz
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice up onion into half moon shape -- cut it in half and then slice it legnthwise.
- Preheat a skillet and melt the butter, add in onion slices and sauté until lightly caramelized. They will become a light golden brown color.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and salt.
- Shred the entire block of cheddar cheese and fold into the egg mixture.
- Next, you’ll add the onions to a standard pie pan. If you don't have a pie pan handy, a cast iron skillet will work also.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture right over the onions.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the quiche has set. It will give a light golden brown color to the top because of the cheese.
- Allow to cool for about 15-20 minutes before slicing up.