This Italian sausage soup recipe is mildly spicy and creamy. It is the perfect soup to warm you up on a blustery day. Made with the creaminess of heavy cream and potatoes. And the best part, it can easily be made in a Ninja Foodi in under 30 minutes!
Easy Italian Sausage Soup Recipe
Need a quick weeknight meal that is savory, easy to make, and on the table in under 30 minutes? This is definitely the meal for you.
It is deliciously flavored with mild Italian sausage and creamy from heavy cream and potatoes. And it’s nice and hearty for those cold fall/winter nights!
I used the pressure cooker function of my Ninja Foodi to make this soup. So it was ready in snap. I also used the sear/sauté function to brown the sausage. So its a one pot meal – yay, less dishes to clean!
This soup refrigerates well. The leftovers taste amazing!
This Italian sausage soup is easily made in a Ninja Foodi, but can easily be converted to any pressure cooker – like an Instant Pot.
Looking for more Ninja Foodi recipes? Check out this list of Easy Ninja Foodi Recipes.
Delicious Soup Recipes to Try:
Italian Sausage Soup
- Set the Ninja Foodi to the Sear/Sauté function on high and brown the Italian sausage. Stir often to prevent burning. After the Italian sausage has been browned and cooked through, turn off the Ninja Foodi.
- Chop up the potatoes fairly large in size. If they are too small, they will disintegrate. Add to Ninja Foodi on top of the cooked ground sausage.
- Chop up the onions and garlic. Add to the Foodi.
Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt.
Add 2 cups of chicken broth and the frozen spinach. Tip: run the frozen spinach under water briefly to make it easier to open.
- Install the pressure cooker lid, switch the vent to seal. And set the Ninja Foodi funcion to pressure cooker. Set the time to 2 minutes. It takes approximately 10 minutes to build presssure.
- Allow for natural pressure release of 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, switch the vent to release any remaining presssure. Remove the lid carefully.
- Switch the Foodi function to Sear/Sauté and medium. Add the heavy cream and 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Warm through and gently stir so not to break up the potatoes too much.
- Turn off the Foodi. Serve and enjoy.
More Recipes You May Enjoy: