This Italian pasta sauce recipe is simple to make and simmers slowly, which makes it perfect for a big Sunday dinner, family style.
This sauce is incredibly flavorful and pairs well with any pasta, as a sauce for lasagna, or meatball subs.
It also stores really well in the refrigerator or freezer for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
More favorite Italian sauce recipes:
Slow Cooker Italian Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 pound of ground beef browned and drained
- 2 diced roma tomatoes
- 2 large cans of crushed tomatoes 28 oz
- 2 small cans of tomato paste 6 oz
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- ½ cup of bone broth chicken or beef work great
- ½ cup Parmigiano cheese for topping
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil to a large stock pot over medium low heat until just warm. Add in chopped onion and sliced garlic. Allow to cook until translucent, approximately 15 minutes. Stir periodically.
- Stir in the ground beef and heat until cooked through and the meat is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to low and add in remaining ingredients and simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionly. (see note below)
- Serve over your favorite pasta or for a low carb option, over spaghetti squash.
- Salt & pepper to taste.