This BBQ Chicken Nachos recipe is perfectly tangy and full of delicious flavor. It uses shredded chicken made in under 15 minutes using a Ninja Foodi pressure cooker.
So it can easily be adapted to other pressure cookers, such as an Instant Pot. Or set it and forget it with a Crockpot / slow cooker.
This post has been updated from its original publish date of May 4, 2020. It has been updated to provide better photos, additional helpful information and step by step instructions.
BBQ Chicken Nachos
This is such a perfect quick and easy weeknight meal. It is full of delicious flavor combinations. It is a favorite summertime meal when we need something quick and easy.
It’s also a great option for game day appetizers or whenever you have guests over! Its a delicious way to get bbq flavor without the grill!
One of my favorite things about putting together a nachos recipe – is how flexible they are.
They can be set up as a nacho bar and allow others to add whichever ingredients or toppings they desire.
Aside from cooking the shredded bbq chicken, the rest of the ingredient amounts are suggestions. It can be as little or as much as is preferred.
For this super easy nachos recipe, I have included our favorite topping combinations.
The chicken can be cooked in under 10 minutes time when using a Ninja Foodi or other pressure cooker, like the Instant Pot.
I follow my Shredded BBQ Chicken recipe by cooking it in the Ninja Foodi. Simply, add the chicken tenders, chicken broth, and salt.
Pressure cook for 8 minutes, drain & shred the chicken. And then add your favorite BBQ sauce.
We love this homemade honey bbq sauce recipe. Its so delicious and doesn’t use processed sugar!
If using a crockpot or slow cooker, add the chicken, broth, and salt. Slow cook for about 3 hours, or until fork tender.
Drain the liquid, shred the chicken and mix in the bbq sauce.
Hot tip: for an extra quick and easy meal, try using rotisserie chicken.
Place tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Line with parchment paper for easy clean up, if desired.
Layer the shredded bbq chicken, corn, and then sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top.
Place in oven for about 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Add the desired amount of black olives, red onions, and jalapeno slices. Followed with the cilantro if using.
Additional topping ideas
Feel free to change top the topping combinations with your favorites! Here are a few pairings that you may like to include or replace the other ingredients with.
- drizzle of sour cream
- chopped tomato
- chopped bacon
- avocado or homemade guacamole
- black beans
How to store leftover nachos
Nachos aren’t recommended to be stored as leftovers. The chips will become soggy and stale upon storage.
Instead, I would recommend making the chicken as mentioned in this recipe. And then assembling only the amount of nachos that you’ll be able to consume. The chicken and other ingredients can be stored in airtight containers inside of the refrigerator for about 4-5 days.
Sheet pan chicken nachos variations
These nachos are super versatile and can be made to your desired preferences. Here’s a few more options for assembling the nachos making the most of nacho night at home!
Baking sheet method:
I like to use parchment paper over my baking sheet for easy clean up. Who’s with me?
And then I’ll begin to layer my ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F
- Add a layer of tortilla chips to the baking sheet
- Layer with the BBQ chicken and corn
- Evenly distribute the shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted
- Layer on additional toppings
Nacho bar method:
- Prepare the chicken and keep in the pressure or slow cooker on warm until ready to serve.
- Add tortilla chips to favorite serving bowl or basket
- Prepare toppings into small serving bowls
- Allow everyone to prepare their nachos with favorite toppings
Want even more delicious summer recipes?
Here’s a few of our favorite related recipes that we think you’ll love too!
want more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can discover more homemade recipes from my homestead!
Easy BBQ Chicken Nachos
- Add chicken breast tenders, chicken broth, and salt to the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot. Set to pressure cook on high for 8 minutes. Quick release the pressure when finished. Drain liquid and then stir in bbq sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F.
- Place tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Line with parchment paper for easy clean up, if desired.
- Layer the shredded bbq chicken, corn, and then distribute the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Place in oven for about 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Add the desired amount of black olives, red onions, and jalapeno slices. Followed with the cilantro if using.
- Serve and enjoy.