This acorn squash soup recipe is perfectly velvety and creamy. And it makes the ultimate seasonal comfort food.
Pair it with a slice of freshly baked bread for a perfect cozy and hearty meal.
With only a few simple ingredients, you’ll have dinner on the table for a delicious family meal that will take the chill out of those blustery fall and winter nights.
Acorn Squash Soup Recipe
This yummy soup recipe combines the sweetness of carrots with the mild and slightly nutty flavor from the acorn squash and the richness of the chicken broth.
Plus add in the creaminess from the butter & heavy cream, this soup is absolutely scrumptious.
It makes a big batch perfect for family dinner or to save for leftovers to enjoy through the week.
This recipe stores really well in the refrigerator for a few days.
To reheat it, just simply add to a pot and simmer slowly over medium low heat until warmed through.
More of my favorite comforting soup recipes to try:
Or pair it with one of these super easy homemade bread recipes! There are more than 20 delicious EASY bread recipes to choose from in this yummy collection.
When blending the soup mixture, I recommend using a blender instead of an immersion or stick blender.
It creates a better texture for this soup recipe.
Allow the soup to cool slightly, for about 15 minutes before adding to the blender.
Just be sure to follow safety precautions when blending hot liquids. Holding the lid in place with a kitchen towel or oven mitts are super helpful!
Acorn Squash Soup Recipe
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 6 medium carrots
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the acorn squash into small cubes. Remove the ends and slice carrots evenly and similar sizes of the acorn squash cubes.
- In a large soup pot, add the olive oil, squash and carrots. Heat over medium low heat and saute for about 10 minutes to soften the squash and carrots a bit. Stir occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth and sea salt, allow to simmer on low until reduced by half, about 40 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked through, remove from heat and allow to rest for about 15 minutes. Very carefully, add a little bit at a time to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add the heavy cream and butter a little at a time and continue to blend until smooth and incorporated.
- Season with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
More Comfort Foods:
No post found!