This easy to make Traeger baked potato recipe is perfect for your summer time meal! Perfectly smoked and full of creaminess, these twice baked potatoes, are a hit!
Traeger Baked Potatoes
Keep the heat out of the kitchen during the summer when baking potatoes! This recipe can be made from start to finish completely on the Traeger!
However, if you would like to prep the potatoes before hand, they can be started in the oven and finished on the grill.
They can be easily adapted to the home oven with the same cook time and temperature settings!
Here’s what you’ll need
- large Yukon Gold potatoes
- green onions
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
- drizzle of canola oil
How to make these twice baked potatoes
Simply bake in the Traeger on high until cooked, for about an hour. Allow the baked potatoes to cool slightly and slice in half lengthwise.
Mix all of the ingredients with the potatoes and scoop the mixture back into the potato shells. Layer with more shredded cheddar cheese. And bake for another 20 minutes or until warmed through.
What type of potatoes to use
Any potato will work for this recipe. I have a special love for Yukon Gold potatoes, so they get my vote. They make the creamiest mashed potatoes!
But use what you have or prefer!
More summer recipes:
Serve and enjoy! These Traeger baked potatoes are super simple to make and are a great summer time recipe!
Make your family grilling meal complete with these recipes…
Traeger Twice Baked Potatoes
- 8 large Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- drizzle of canola oil
- Preheat Traeger at 400 degree F.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and rub them with canola oil.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour, making sure they’re cooked through.
- Allow the potatoes to cool slighly and then use a sharp knife, and slice each potato in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the insides of the potatoes into a large bowl. Try to be careful not to tear the shell. Leave a small amount of the potato intact for extra support. Lay the hollowed out potato shells on a baking sheet.
- Add the potatoes, half of the shredded cheese, sour cream, salt, green onions to a large mixing bowl and incorporate well.
- Fill the potato shells with the filling. It is totally fine if they are heaping! Top each potato with the remaining shredded cheese and bake them in the Traeger until the potato is warmed through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!