This easy to make Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe is simply made using the pressure cooker function. And it is deliciously flavored with a bit of Guinness Draught Stout. The result is perfectly fork tender corned beef that is incredibly tasty!
Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage
The quick and ease of cooking in the Ninja Foodi saves so much time when making this corned beef recipe. Instead of several hours of slow simmering that I used to do, this recipe is made in under two hours!
Who doesn’t love a good time saver in the kitchen? Especially with little ones pulling at the apron strings.
So, this classic recipe is simplified for our busy lives.
Pair it with this Irish Soda Bread recipe for a super satisfying and rustic meal!
Which cut of beef brisket should to use?
For this recipe, I used the flat cut beef brisket. It is a bit leaner and easier to slice.
But any cut of the corned beef brisket will work. I haven’t noticed much difference in flavor. The only thing really that is noticeable to me, is how to cut it.
This corned beef comes out fork tender.
How to make this corned beef in the foodi
This corned beef recipe is simple. Add the onions and garlic and then place the seasoning packet and salt over top.
Place the brisket fat side up on top of the onions and garlic and then spread the honey mustard sauce over it.
Next, pour the Guinness around the brisket without pouring on the honey mustard.
Pressure cook for 1 1/2 hours, quick release the pressure. And then remove the brisket.
And then finally cook the veggies, for only 3 minutes!
Slice the beef against the grain for perfect sandwich slices. Although, my husband and I actually prefer to slice it with the grain.
I know…how very unconventional of us!
Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
- 3 1/2 – 4 pounds of beef brisket
- 1 large onion quartered
- 2 garlic cloves halved
- seasoning packet that comes with the corned beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Guinness bottle 11.2 oz – draught stout
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large cabbage quartered and core removed
- 6 large carrots
- 6 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- Cut the onions into large pieces and halve the garlic (precision isn’t required here) and place them inside of the cooking pot of the Ninja Foodi. Add the salt and seasoning packet that came with the corned beef.
- Add the brisket on top of the onions with the fat side facing up.
- Mix the mustards and honey together in a small bowl. Add to the top of the corned beef brisket. And pour the Guinness around the beef brisket.
- Install the pressure cooking lid and switch the vent to seal. Set the Foodi function to pressure cooker on HI and the time for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Press start. It takes about 10 minutes for the Foodi to come to pressure.
- When the corned beef is near finished with cooking, prepare the vegetables. Cut up the potatoes and carrots into large pieces. Again, precision isn’t required here. If they are cut up too small, they will disintegrate while cooking. Cut up the cabbage into quarters by cutting in half and then half again. Remove the core.
- When the corned beef is finished cooking, quick release the pressure. Carefully remove the corned beef and place in a glass bowl with a lid to keep warm. Reserve the liquid inside of the Foodi cooking pot.
- Add the carrots and potatoes to the cooking liquid. And place the cabbage pieces on top. Install the pressure cooker lid, set the vent to seal. Select the function to pressure cooker, HI. And the time to 3 minutes. Press start. Quick release the pressure when the cooking time is done.
- Ladle a bit of the cooking liquid over the top of the corned beef if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!