This recipe for an easy low carb chicken skillet recipe makes a great weeknight meal. It is simple to make and it is Keto friendly. And is full of delicious Italian caprese flavors!
Plus, it is simply made in one-pot. I’m always a fan of less dishes and less clean up time!
I was recently sent a copy of the cookbook “Weeknight Keto” to review. All opinions and images in this post are my own. Reprinted with permission from Weeknight Keto by Kristy Bernardo, Page Street Publishing Co. 2019.
The Weeknight Keto is a great cookbook to have in your home kitchen! From a variety of recipes for satisfying those sweet cravings to carb comfort foods made Keto.
And a huge variety of quick & easy, budget friendly Keto Dishes.
This cookbook has 75 delicious Keto recipes. So many yummy recipes…like:
- Salmon Cakes with Lemon-Dijon Aioli
- Bacon Jam Cheeseburgers
- Creamy Tarragon Chicken & Asparagus
- Twice-Baked Mashed Parmesan Cauliflower
- Stuffed Zucchini with Goat Cheese & Marinara
- Chocolate Mousse
- Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries
- Many Pantry Staples
- And so much more…
I highly recommend this cookbook if you are on a Low Carb / Keto diet. Or for anyone who is looking for quick and easy weeknight meals.
The recipes, like this Chicken Skillet Caprese that I’m sharing in this post, are fantastic.
Low Carb Chicken Skillet Recipe
This recipe is super simple, but definitely not lacking in flavor! You’ll find it makes the perfect family weeknight meal.
It is a Keto recipe which is perfect for me, as I’m following along with that plan. And it also works well for my non Keto family.
I paired my portion with some zucchini noodles (zoodles) and my family enjoyed theirs with butter pasta. And we all had fresh salads. It was a great easy dinner!
Skillet Chicken Caprese
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved if large
- 1 head garlic outer paper removed and cloves separated but not peeled
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 8 ounce whole milk mozzarella ball
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Season the chicken with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of the olive oil. When it’s shimmering, add the chicken breasts.
- Brown the chicken well on both sides, about 2 minutes per side, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Drizzle the tomatoes and garlic with the remaining olive oil, then add them to the skillet.
- Top each chicken breast with a tablespoon of pesto, then a slice of mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their shells into the skillet. Sprinkle the chicken with the basil leaves and serve.