These olive oil and honey banana muffins are perfectly sweet, incredibly moist, and a cinch to make. You’ll have a yummy sweet treat for your family in about 30 minutes!
Honey Banana Muffins
I adapted this recipe slightly from my original banana bread recipe.
I was on the hunt for a recipe that did not have any processed sugar and was slightly healthier than what we were used to.
Banana Muffins Made with Olive Oil
For this version of honey banana muffins, I changed things up slightly. I made these muffins with good quality olive oil.
I am a fan of using good quality olive oil instead of other oils. There are many great health benefits associated with using a quality olive oil.
Plus, did you know that most oils (including olive oil) are fraudulent? Shocking, I know!
When choosing a good quality olive oil, check for certification. I like the standards of the COOC. And my favorite brand of quality olive oil is Wild Groves.
Don’t worry, this isn’t a sponsored post! I genuinely love their products.
I feel that the olive oil helps give the banana muffins a little bit of flavor and adds to the moistness.
Tips When Making these Muffins
- The bananas should be super ripe.
- It helps to mash up the bananas before mixing in the other ingredients.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop the mixture into the muffin pans to create more even sizing.
Honey Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups super ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all – purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. And grease muffin pans or use cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl or using a stand mixer and bowl, add bananas and mash well. Add in the eggs, oil, milk, and honey and combine well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and slowly combine with the banana mixture.
- Carefully pour the banana mixture to muffin tins. I use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop into the muffin pan.
- Add to the preheated oven and bake for about 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the muffin tins.
Leave a Comment