This is an easy way to make hard boiled eggs using a Ninja Foodi. Set on the pressure cooking function, this can easily be adapted to an Instant Pot. Or any pressure cooker.
These hard boiled eggs come out perfectly. And they are super easy to peel, too.
I like mine super hard boiled. You know where they start to change color around the edges. For softer hard boiled eggs, the method is still the same. But the times will vary slightly.
No matter what you prefer, this guide will help you to make hard boiled eggs, easily!
Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs Tips
Using a Ninja Foodi to hard boil eggs makes for a quick and easy process. It saves time and the shells peel off easily.
Are you new to using a Ninja Foodi? Here are a few tips to help you get started and make the perfect hard boiled eggs.
When setting up the Ninja Foodi, add 1 cup of water into the cooking pot.
Using either the air crisp basket or the rack (both come with the Foodi), place the eggs on a single layer.
It is important that when using the pressure cooking lid, it is locked into place and the vent lock is set to “seal”.
Otherwise, you’ll end up with steam coming out the top and it will not properly come up to pressure.
How to Pressure Cook Eggs
Pressure cooking eggs in a Ninja Foodi simplifies the process.
You basically add the eggs & water to the Foodi, select the proper function & timer, and set up the lid.
There’s no need to wait for the water to boil. Or carefully draining the boiling water when done.
After the timer goes off, quick release the pressure. And carefully move the eggs to a bowl of ice water for 1 minute.
How to Store Hard boiled eggs
Hard boiled eggs will keep in a refrigerator for about a week. I prefer to store them unpeeled to keep them fresh for as long as possible.
Ways to Use Hard Boiled Eggs
Here are a few delicious ways to use up leftover hard boiled eggs:
Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6-12 farm fresh eggs
- 1 cup of water
- Place the cooking pot inside of the ninja foodi and add 1 cup of water to the bottom. Depending on how many eggs you will make, add the air crisp basket or rack to the Foodi to comfortably allow eggs to rest in a single layer.
- Place your eggs in the basket (or rack). Add the pressure cooking lid to the Ninja Foodi and lock into place. Set the vent valve to "seal".
- Turn the Ninja Foodi Function to pressure and adjust the time to 3-7 minutes. See note below on cooking times.
- It takes approximately 10 minutes for the Ninja Foodi to come up to pressure.
- When the timer goes off, quick release the pressure. Switch the vent valve to "vent". Once the pressure is released, carefully remove the lid.
- Carefully remove the hard boiled eggs from the Foodi. Place in a large bowl of ice water for 1 minute and remove. Drain well and peel.