This Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe is incredibly simple, yet delicious. It is one that even the picky eaters will love. And it only takes a handful of basic ingredients to make!
It has the right amount of flavor and slightly crispy skin that makes it pretty scrumptious!
This is the perfect summertime recipe or it makes a great side dish for the holidays too! Pair it with your holiday meal, Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner for a dish that will wow your guests! It is such a delicious and simple recipe that is great for any special occasion.
This recipe isn’t like the Brussel sprouts of the 90’s that a lot of us grew up on. Ya know what I’m talking about, soggy and flavorless. Made so unappealing that my little sister used to try to hide in her napkin or try to feed to the dog. We would cringe anytime our mom made them.
And now we love Brussels sprouts!
My recipe has these Brussels sprouts so tasty and this is my favorite way to make them delicious! They are roasted with olive oil, topped with rosemary salt, and finished off with fresh parmesan cheese, they are sure to please the whole family.
In fact, we are such fans of Brussels sprouts in our home that they have become a favorite vegetable and we now grow them in our garden!
Here’s what you’ll need to make the best roasted Brussels sprouts:
- fresh Brussels sprouts (not frozen!)
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- rosemary salt
- parmesan cheese
- sheet pan
- parchment paper for easy cleanup!
Here’s how to make this recipe:
Begin by preheating your oven. And line your baking sheet with parchment paper (if using). Parchment paper isn’t required, but I love easy cleanups when cooking all of our meals from scratch!
Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and clean them up, pull off any yellow outer leaves that may be on the sprouts. Slice in half lengthwise. Chop up the garlic cloves.
Add all of the ingredients (except for the parmesan cheese) to a large bowl. Toss Brussels sprouts until they are well coated and then spread on the a large rimmed baking sheet, turn over or place the Brussels sprouts cut side down in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Bake for about 10-15 minutes and then top off with the freshly shredded parmesan cheese. Pop back into the oven for a few minutes.
This recipe makes a great addition to any meal. Here are a few of our favorites:
Looking for ideas on how to jazz up this recipe? Try mixing in one of these options for an additional flavor boost!
- Try Brussels sprouts with bacon (fresh & crumbled over top)
- Drizzle a little bit of balsamic vinegar over the top
- Stir in dried cranberries for a little tart & sweet combo
- Add feta with the dried cranberries
- Top with chopped nuts for a little crunch
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, F. And line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and clean them up, pull off any yellow outer leaves that may be on the sprouts. Slice in half lengthwise. Chop up the garlic cloves.
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the parmesan cheese) to a large bowl. Toss Brussels sprouts until they are well coated and then place the Brussels sprouts cut side down in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes and then top off the brussels sprouts with the freshly shredded parmesan cheese. Pop the sheet pan back into the oven for about 4-5 minutes.