These super simple and quick to put together peanut butter granola bars are pretty amazing. Not only are they made with just a few pantry staples, they are also inexpensive to make at home.
Plus, they are so incredibly easy, the children are able to help. I absolutely love teaching my children new kitchen skills.
Which is definitely something my little ones love to do!
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
These homemade granola bars make a great anytime sweet treat. And with only 4 simple ingredients!
They definitely taste much better than store bought granola bars. And making them at home allows us to avoid some of the unhealthy ingredients.
I make these peanut butter granola bars for my family whenever they want a simple sweet treat.
Oh, and I forgot one of the BEST things about these granola bars! They are no bake!
Simply mix up the ingredients, press into a baking dish and allow for cool down time.
Slice up into bars, and enjoy!
See? Super easy, peasy!
For our family, we don’t eat a ton of processed sugar. We don’t avoid it completely, but we do limit it.
Instead, I love to replace most of our sweet treats with local, raw honey. It is the perfect sweet treat. And straight from nature.
For this granola bar recipe, I use local honey, creamy peanut butter, oats, and dark chocolate chips on top.
More Toppings Ideas:
Mini chocolate chips make a great addition instead of regular chocolate chips. Just use what you have in your pantry!
Don’t have chocolate chips on hand? Try a few of these options instead:
- Butterscotch chips
- Peanut butter chip & chocolate chip combo
- Chia seeds for a little crunch
- Chopped up pretzels for a little salty crunch
- Mini caramel chips
Or try these cranberry almond granola bars!
How to Store these Granola Bars
After cutting the granola bars, they can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. If they even last that long!
For our family of six, these granola bars never last for more than a couple of days.
Store it in the refrigerator to keep it fresh.
I like to store ours in these glass lock storage containers. Definitely a favorite multi purpose storage container around here!
want more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can discover more homemade recipes from my homestead!
Easy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Add honey and peanut butter to a large sauce pan over low heat. Stir together frequently to prevent scorching and until well combined.
- Once the peanut butter and honey are well combined, stir in the oats.
- Add the oat mixture to a 9X13 baking dish. Spread evenly and press down with a wooden spoon until the top is smooth and even.
- Allow to cool only slightly and then press the chocolate chips on top.
- Cool the granola bars completely before slicing (about an hour). Or add to the refrigerator to speed up cooling time!
- Slice in to desired granola bar size.