This recipe for Italian Roast Beef recipe simmers slowly for a few hours making it incredibly flavorful and fork tender. It makes the perfect addition to the traditional Sunday dinner.
This Italian roast beef is also low carb Keto friendly!
Italian Roast Beef Recipe
This recipe for Italian roast beef simmers over a few hours in a slow cooker. Using a slow cooker is my favorite way to make a roast.
The meat comes out flavorful and super tender. Since we live on a cattle ranch, the freezer is usually full of various beef cuts. And this is my favorite way to cook a bottom round roast. Making it deliciously tender.
Plus, the slow cooker allows me to throw all ingredients in a slow cooker, set it and forget it for a few hours.
How to store this beef roast
The wonderful thing about this recipe, is it can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
If you’re into meal prep, this is great addition to your weekly planning.
Just be sure to use a nice air tight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to make Italian style roast
This recipe is incredibly simple to make! Simply take the roast and place in in the slow cooker.
Cut the onions and green bell peppers into strips and place them around the roast. Layer in the seasonings, broth, tomato paste, and garlic.
Set the crock pot to high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Or until the roast is for tender.
Ways to serve this roast
This Italian roast beef pairs really well with your favorite potato recipe. We like them with these Italian Air Crispy Potatoes.
It also goes well over bread or hoagies for hot Italian beef sandwiches.
As a low carb keto option, I like to pair this recipe with zoodles, and a fresh salad.
And try this Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread Pudding for dessert! Sounds like a perfect way to spend a Sunday dinner with the family, Italian style!
Italian Roast Beef
- 5 pound bottom round beef roast
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 onion sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 1 – 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Primal Palate Amore seasoning or Italian seasoning of choice
- 2 large garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Add roast beef and broth to the slow cooker. And layer the sliced onions, bell peppers, and garlic around the roast.
- Add the salt, Italian seasonings, and tomato paste to the crock pot. Drizzle the roast and vegetables with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Place lid on slow cooker and set to high for about 4-5 hours (or low for 6-8 hours) until roast is fork tender.
- Remove meat and place on a serving platter. Arrange the onion, green bell peppers, and garlic to the top. Drizzle a little of the tomato juices over the top of the meat.
- If the tomato paste has not completely mixed in, give it a gentle stir with the other juices until blended.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.