This recipe for Ninja Foodi mashed potatoes is incredibly simple and quick to make. Its super creamy, smooth, and cheesy. This potato dish makes the perfect weeknight side dish. And in just about 20 minutes!
Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes
Time saving recipes are my favorite. Who’s with me? These mashed potatoes go from cook to plate so fast. I love to use my Ninja Foodi for quick meals and sides.
These potatoes don’t need to be diced, rough and large pieces is sufficient. Simply throw them in the Foodi with some water and pressure cook for only 4 minutes!
Drain and mash up the potatoes next. Then add in the butter, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions, and heavy cream.
These decadent mashed potatoes pair really well with this Slow Cooker Italian Roast Beef recipe.
Or make them for your next summer bbq!
What is the Best Potato to Use?
I personally prefer using Yukon gold potatoes for pretty much everything. They give a bit more creaminess in texture and flavor in my opinion.
Red potatoes are a second choice. But russet potatoes would also work. They just give a bit of a different texture and flavor.
Related: Italian Air Crisp Potatoes
Tips for making perfect mashed potatoes
To ensure you get a nice creamy consistency, make sure that these potatoes are mashed right away.
Giving them time to sit and cool down allows air to give the potatoes a skin which will make them harder to mash and get an even consistency.
You can even leave the skins on (after washing) in this recipe if you prefer. Just skip peeling them and opt for a good old scrub down prior to cutting and pressure cooking.
So I do this sometimes for my husband because he likes a more rustic style mashed potato.
The potatoes don’t need to be diced small. But, they should be cut to pretty consistent pieces to help ensure even cooking.
Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes
- 6-8 medium Yukon gold potatoes or about 3 pounds
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or more to thin out potatoes to preference
- Peel potatoes and cut in to large pieces and place inside of the air crisp basket. Add the water.
- Place the pressure lid and move the vent knob to seal. Select the pressure cooker setting on high and the time to 4 minutes. Press start. It takes about 10 minutes or so for the Foodi to come to pressure.
- Quick release the pressure after the timer goes off by moving the knob to vent. Carefully remove the lid and drain the potatoes.
- Return the potatoes to the Foodi cooking pot and set the air crisp basket aside. And add the butter and salt.
- Using the back of wooden spoon, mash the potatoes until well combined. You want to use a utensil that won’t scratch the surface of the cooking pot.
- Stir in the sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions until well combined. Add in the heavy cream and mix well.
- Add any additional salt to taste if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!