This healthy tropical green smoothie is easy to make and full of good for you ingredients. It combines oranges, banana and tropical fruit along with kale for a delicious tropical treat that is full of good for you ingredients!
Packed with vitamins, minerals, and kale, this green smoothie is both delicious and healthy. Learn how easy it is to make one for yourself here.
Tropical Green Smoothie Recipe
Looking for a healthy meal to replace your morning coffee and pastries? Try this healthy green smoothie recipe. It’s a great way to start your day and a fun way to change-up your healthy routine.
I love a good healthy smoothie in the morning! It’s a great way to boost energy and filling enough to make a meal on its own. And this green smoothie is full of delicious flavor and super healthy ingredients.
What you’ll love about this recipe:
- KID FRIENDLY – The kids will love this one! It’s full of great flavors and an easy way to sneak greens in! They won’t even be able to notice the taste of veggies!
- HEALTHY – This healthy tropical green smoothie is a protein-packed drink that is sure to get you out of bed. It’s very easy to make and is an excellent source of energy. My favorite thing about this recipe is how smooth and delicious it is, as well as all of the health benefits!
All you’ll need to make yourself the best tropical green smoothie is a handful of fresh fruit and frozen fruit and a few other simple ingredients. It’s also a great way to use the fresh kale you have growing in the garden.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- almond milk — or use your dairy / vegan milk of choice! Coconut milk will also be a great addition to this tropical smoothie.
- chia seeds
- kale — substitute with spinach, Swiss chard, or other favorite leafy greens.
- bananas — fresh or frozen!
- frozen mixed tropical fruit blend (mango, pineapple, papaya, strawberries)
I love how easy most smoothie recipes are to create. They are usually combined with a few simple ingredients and blended together for delicious & healthy sweet treat.
Fill the blender with all of the ingredients in the order listed, or in the order recommended for your blender (liquids should be closest to the blades and frozen fruit farthest from the blades).
Blend for 45 to 60 seconds til you get a beautiful green and creamy smoothie. Pour, serve with extra chia on top, if desired, and enjoy!
How to store this smoothie
Smoothies that contain bananas do not hold up well being saved in the fridge. It’s best to drink this right after making it.
If you would like to save some, freeze it in a freezer safe container and enjoy it as nice cream at a later date. It’ll also be nice on busy mornings or a great part of your weekly prep.
You can freeze it in popsicle molds for a summertime snack!
More favorite smoothie ingredients
Smoothies are easily customizable which makes them great recipes to have.
Depending on what I think my body needs or craves…or ingredients I have on hand, I like to stir or blend in some additional ingredients. You may want to play around with flavor combinations or favorite pairings too.
Here’s a few of our favorites:
FAQ (frequently asked questions)
What do I do if the smoothie won’t blend because it’s too thick?
The first thing you could do is use the tamper tool if your blender came with one. If not, stop the blender and add more liquid. You may also need to unplug it and stir in the liquid to help it reach the bottom of the blender where the blades are to help it blend better.
Absolutely! It’s an easy way to get in your leafy greens and omega-3’s (chia seeds). You may want to alternate between a variety of leafy greens like fresh spinach, kale, Swiss chard, etc.
This recipe calls for kale, however any leafy green will do. Here’s a few suggestions: spinach, kale, swiss chard, carrot tops, beet greens, romaine lettuce, collard greens.
No, you can easily divide it in half or in quarters to make just as much as you need.
want more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can discover more homemade recipes from my homestead!
Healthy Tropical Green Smoothie
- Fill the blender with all of the ingredients in the order listed, or in the order recommended for your blender (liquids should be closest to the blades and frozen fruit farthest from the blades).
- Blend for 45 to 60 seconds til you get a beautiful green and creamy smoothie.
- Pour, serve with extra chia on top, and enjoy!