Maple Whipped Cream is a quick dessert recipe that is easy to whip up from only 3 simple ingredients from the pantry. It has a slightly sweet and light maple flavor that is perfect for so many treats.
The natural sweetness from the real maple is perfect for topping homemade pie, on top of your homemade lattes, hot cocoa, pancakes, waffles, fruit, drinks, and more.
Easy Homemade Maple Whipped Cream
Don’t you just love finding a healthy recipe swap for the store bought alternatives? I sure do!
The holiday treats like homemade pumpkin pie, and other decadent sweets just aren’t the same without pairing a sweet dollop of whipped cream on top.
But the stuff that comes in a can or plastic bowl at the grocery store has ingredients that many of us want to avoid!
And most homemade recipes use processed sugar – again something that we try to avoid.
This recipe uses organic grade a maple syrup. So you can feel good about serving up a delicious treat to your family.
This recipe only takes 3 simple ingredients to make and you may already have them at home!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- heavy whipping cream
- pure grade a maple syrup
- vanilla extract
Add the heavy cream, pure vanilla extract, and real maple syrup to the bowl of the stand mixer and use the whisk attachment. Alternatively you can use a large bowl and hand electric mixer.
Beat the ingredients in the stand mixer on medium speed until it starts to become foamy, for about 1 minute.
Then increase to high speed and whip until soft peaks form, 1-2 minutes. Be sure to stop when you see stiff peaks form. Over mixing it can ruin the texture.
Be careful not to over mix because it will create a flat and milky texture – definitely not what you want!
How to store this recipe:
When making this homemade whipped cream recipe, you’ll want to make sure to serve it right away. It can be made a little bit ahead of time but storing it for too long will result in separation and lacking in texture.
For best results, store in the refrigerator in an airtight glass container for up to 24 hours.
What to pair homemade maple whipped cream
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy homemade whipped cream! Here are just a few of our favorite things to pair together.
- on homemade healthy pumpkin pie
- as a whipped frosting for cupcakes
- for an ice cream sundae
- on top of pudding – especially chocolate!
- with fresh berries and other fruit
- with drinks like homemade lattes or healthy hot cocoa
Yes, absolutely. I would recommend natural sweeteners vs processed sugars. To use a sweetener like honey, just use the same measurements as the maple syrup in this recipe. To use something like stevia drops, add a few drops at a time until desired sweetness is reached.
It will hold its shape for up to 24 hours if stored properly in the refrigerator. It is best served immediately and begins to lose texture, the longer it is stored.
want more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can discover more homemade recipes from my homestead!
Homemade Maple Whipped Cream
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and maple syrup to the bowl of a stand mixer. Or to a large bowl if using a hand mixer.
- Use the whisk attachment of the stand mixer and whisk together on medium low speed for about 1 minute or until the cream begins to become foamy.
- Increase the speed to high and mix for about 1-2 minutes more until stiff peaks have formed.
- This recipe comes together quickly! Be sure to keep an eye on the mixture as the peaks begin to form. And avoid over beating! Make sure to stop as soon as the peaks are stiff.