This Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie is a perfectly delicious sweet treat for the family. It’s sure to become an instant favorite comfort food. And it is simply baked in a 10” cast iron skillet.
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This giant chocolate chip cookie is the perfect combination of soft & sweetness.
Save the time of having to wait on multiple batches of cookies to come out of the oven. Set the timer and relax with a cup of afternoon tea.
Since discovering how to bake in my cast iron (it all started with cornbread), I am constantly searching for new ways of doing so.
This giant cookie is a family favorite and may even replace regular cookie baking around here. Because it’s incredibly simple and it’s super delicious.
It’s a perfect occasional treat around here.
(This post has been updated from the original post date of November 2016)
Cookie Recipe Variations
I like mixing half & half of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips in this cookie recipe.
But you can totally try various options.
Some more favorites include:
- Chocolate Chunks
- Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Chips
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Chips and Butterscotch Chips
- White Chocolate Chips with Macadamia Nuts
- Dried Cranberry and White Chocolate Chips
- M&M’s (like a monster cookie)
- Toffee Chips
I don’t really know of a bad combination yet. Share your favorite variations with me!
If you like chocolate chips, check out this delicious Cannoli Filling Dip Recipe
A Few Tips:
- If your cast iron skillet is well seasoned, you shouldn’t need to grease it. However I still use a little bit of coconut oil spray. Just in case.
- When adding the cookie dough to the cast iron skillet, try to roll it out as evenly as you can.
- I used a 10″ cast iron skillet, but you can use a larger or smaller one if that’s all you have. Just be sure to adjust the baking time.
- Be sure to let the cookie cool before cutting to prevent it from breaking apart.