This delicious Honey Almond Scone recipe is a perfect pairing with a cup of morning coffee or tea. Or an anytime sweet treat. Easily made with the Ninja Foodi air crisper, they are soft inside and slightly crispy on the outside.
When I set out to make this recipe, I had every intention of making a healthier alternative for a traditional Greek donut..but in an air fryer.
I was going for more of a cake like donut, so it didn’t have the right texture. However, it wasn’t a complete fail! Woot!
Instead, I was left with this incredibly delicious scone recipe. I’m still working on creating the perfect Greek donut batter. Perhaps I’ll become inspired again after visiting the upcoming Greek festival.
These scones have a delicious almond flavor, and are slightly sweet with the addition of a honey drizzle.
If you love a hint of almond and the sweetness of honey, you’re going to love these scones! They are so good with a morning coffee or an afternoon sweet treat with a glass of milk.
More Ninja Foodi Recipes:
Almond Scone with Cinnamon & Honey Drizzle
These scones are really simple to make and don’t take much time to air fry. I used my Ninja Foodi on the Air Crisp function. Which is basically the same as an air fryer.
The dough resembles that of a drop biscuit recipe. Simply line the air crisp basket with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Trust me, it’s necessary.
And then drop scones by the teaspoon into the air crisp basket. Avoid touching each other or overcrowding.
These scones bake up in the air crisper in about 8-10 minutes depending on the size and shape. You’ll want a light golden brown exterior.
Carefully remove the finished scones and allow to cool. Sprinkle the scones with a little bit of cinnamon and drizzle with honey.
Almond Scone with Honey Drizzle
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk see note
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- cinnamon to sprinkle over finished scones
- honey to drizzle over finished scones
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
Melt the butter in a pan and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the wet ingredients and combine well, but don’t over work the dough mixture.
- Line the air crisper with parchment paper. I cut a circle shape to fit inside of the basket without having overlap. You can do this easily by tracing the bottom of the crisp basket on the parchment paper and cutting it out.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the parchment paper lined basket.
- Set the Ninja Foodi to Air Crisp and the temperature at 390 degrees.
- Air crisp for 8 minutes until light golden brown. If you make larger scones, you’ll have to adjust the time a bit. Start at 8 minutes and add additional time as needed.
- Allow the scones to cool and then sprinkle with a little bit of cinnamon and drizzle with honey.