This veggie tortellini soup is super simple to make and is ready in under 20 minutes. It is a nice quick and comforting meal, made easy.
And it can easily be made vegetarian by swapping out the chicken broth with veggie broth!
A few simple and yummy vegetables make this tortellini soup a healthy soup option. And the best part, its a soup that is ready to eat in under 20 minutes.
Looking for more easy meals, check out this collection of 30 minute meals!
This veggie tortellini soup is a super easy recipe that is still packed full of flavor!
Veggies needed for this recipe: onions, carrots, celery, garlic, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. And a bit of fresh basil.
And then there’s the addition of a good quality olive oil. My favorite is from Wild Groves. The olive oil makes all the difference in recipes.
Plus, there is a lot of fraudulent olive oil on the market. Who would have thought, right?
I like to make sure I’m sourcing mine from a place that is certified.
This way I know I’m buying authentic olive oil.
Veggie Tortellini Soup Recipe
This is a soup that you’ll want to eat immediately after cooking. The tortellini pasta tends to absorb the broth and it becomes a bit mushy if it is refrigerated.
It can be stored and reheated if needed. I would recommend reheating on the stove top slowly.
Looking for a quick pressure cooker soup? This chicken soup with orzo pasta is made fast. And it is a great comforting classic recipe!
Veggie Tortellini Soup
- 3 tablespoons quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk cut in half lengthwise, then chopped
- 2 carrots sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then sliced thinly
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 9 oz package of tortellini
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the vegetables and gather all ingredients.
Heat up the olive oil in a large stock top over medium low heat. Saute the onions, carrots, celery and zucchini until soft and onions are translucent. Add garlic and tomatoes.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Add the tortellini and heat up according to package instructions – about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the basil and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.